A beautiful day greeted 111 golfers who turned out for the annual LMGA Kickoff Scramble on Sunday April 26th. The 28 teams assembled at Holmes Golf Course and were divided into three flights. Those placing in the various flights were as follows:
• 1st - Jacob Linch, Colbi Ragon, Dillon Ehmen and Larry Morford, who shot a 59.
• 2nd - Tom Huff, Charlie Huff, Chad Hawkins and Travis Rathje, who shot 61.
• 3rd - Ron Ross, Rich Ondrak, Matt Ross and Kirby McDonald, who shot 62.
• 4th - Terry Bock, Casey Bock, Fred Best and tom Nesbitt who shot 63 and won a 2 way card playoff to place.
In a hotly contested flight, with five teams all shooting a 66, a card playoff was needed to determine the order in which they placed.
• 1st - Rich Kuzelka, Ryan Cooper, Doug Radtke, Tom Martin
• 2nd - Ron Girard, Gary Garrett, Mark Dunham and Terry Smith
• 3rd - Chuck Hoster, John Herrod, Clare Munyon and T. R. Smith
• 4th - Louie Kipper, Morris Hadenfelt, Bill McClure and Bruce Smith
• 1st - Bill Adams, Fred Daugherty, Luke Lionberger, Pete Rodriguez
• 2nd - Mike Kluczynski, Mark Kluczynski, Robert Kluczynski and Mark Smith
• 3rd - Larry Lococo, Vance Coatman, Michael Calvert and Russ Gausman
Kudos go out to Casey Crittenden, the Chief Superintendent, and the maintenance staff at Holmes Golf Course. LMGA members made many complimentary remarks about the overall condition of the golf course and the improved greens. Scott Wiehe and his staff also deserve a big thank you; they were well prepared and did a great job of assisting the LMGA with the tournament and the meal.
The annual Spring Meeting was held after the tournament. Everyone had an enjoyable time.